Dewey

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Audiobooks

I've used ebooks for several years, even did presentations on NetLibrary at library conferences years ago, but downloading audiobooks is somewhat new to me. Last evening I listened to a bit of an Emyl Jenkins mystery from NetLibrary on my laptop at home. That was a good experience but it made me want to run right out and get an MP3 player! (or maybe complete 23 Things and get one another way. . . )

My use of Overdrive has been mostly ebooks to read -- have a Frommer's travel book on MD and DE out right now. I think that keeping a library travel section updated with at least some ebooks is a wise idea. But, having looked into the breadth of Overdrive audiobooks, I really want to get that MP3 player and keep it packed with things to listen to. The "Annes" are awaiting my download, i.e. Anne Lamott, Annie Dillard, Anne Tyler, Adriana Trigiani. And who would have guessed that an old Sharyn McCrumb favorite, Bimbos of the Death Sun, would be among the What's New titles.

Like some of my fellow 23 Things participants, I hadn't been to Project Gutenberg for a while. I'm looking forward to more exploration of Jane Austen titles available there in text and audio.

No comments: